Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sonos Reboot

Attempting to spread the joy of Jazz Traditions from Dish around the house through my Sonos system, I discovered that Sonos controller in living room was the only one showing on the controller there.  I figured it was the fault of the living room unit (wrong!) and rebooted that one to no effect.  Then I tried "adding" a new zone player from Mac controller (wrong!).

Finally I realized the problem was momentary power outage knocked off kitchen and bedroom players.  They must have come back up in their own universes.  So I rebooted each one by disconnecting from AC power for 30 sec, then plugging back in.  That brought them back online.  Apparently the living room unit was unaffected because it is the only one running from Belkin AVR UPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment