Friday, June 19, 2020

Problem getting miniDSP to do 96kHz sampling rate

I have just now posted this at the miniDSP help forum.  [Problem was resolved later by a helpful poster who told me I needed the minisharc 4x8 plugin and he provided a link.]
I have four OpenDRC-DI units, including one new one purchased this month. I would like to use one of them at 96khz, which seems to be an advertised feature now, but the (formerly?) standard OpenDRC-2x2 plug in does not support it. The product page for the OpenDRC-DI now says that when you buy an OpenDRC-DI, you should get the miniDSP-4x10 plugin. However, when I purchased a new OpenDRC-DI this month, the only thing that actually appeared in my personal download folders (and I looked at each one, couldn't this be simpler???) was simply the same old OpenDRC-2x2, which I already had from previous purchases. So I clicked on the link to the miniDSP-4x10 plugin on the OpenDRC-DI product page and purchased the miniDSP-4x10 plugin for $10. I then go to the my personal download folders and it appears that I can download the 4x10 plug in. BUT when I click on the image which says "miniDSP 4x10", I don't get anything that says 4x10, what is actually downloaded to my computer (through Chrome browser) the miniDSP 2x8 plugin. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to obtain the miniDSP4x10 plugin !

When I run the miniDSP 2x8 that I downloaded as above (trying to get the 4x10), it fails to communicate with any of my OpenDRC-DI units, including the brand new one. I get this error message:

Incorrect Device connected to this plugin software!
Please use the correct plugin software
HWID supported by the software: 1
HWID of the device:4

I also tried purchasing and downloading the nanoshark 2x8 plug in. That simply fails to find the device and doesn't give error message.

I have no trouble using the OpenDRC 2x2 plugin. But it gives me 48kHz sampling rate, and I want 96kHz sampling rate for my super tweeters.

I am using MacOS computers though I do also have a PC if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment