Thursday, March 5, 2020

Audyssey Multi EQ Editor

My current kitchen surround system is finally sounding pretty nice, using the analog outputs of the Oppo BDP95, duplicating the surround sides to the backs with 10ms delay (simply because I'm using Behringer DEQ set to 0ms, it's minimum latency is 10ms).

Using my 2005 Yamaha 7 channel receiver with Hafler 9300 amplifier for the front speakers.

I was playing A Night At The Opera by Queen DVD-Audio, and the Brothers in Arms by Dire Straits DVD-Audio.  The Queen disc especially uses the surround channels with great artistic flair.

But if I were to get an actual up-to-date surround processor with all the latest processing, something I occasionally think about, I would want the Audyssey Multi EQ Editor which makes it easy to customize.  Here's an old list of processors that have this feature:
The following existing AV Receivers will support the MultEQ Editor: Denon AVR-X6300H, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X1300W, AVR-S930H, AVR-S730H, AVR-S920W, and AVR-S720W. Also, Marantz AV7703, SR7011, SR6011, SR5011, and NR1607.

So I need not spring for the extremely pricey Marantz 8805 to get this feature.

More importantly, I think, I've just purchased a pair of side surround speakers that can be mounted at ear level in the kitchen because they are so small: Gallo A'Diva SE's.  The back speakers will remain at the near-ceiling level they are now, because no room for more speakers there.  I'm not sure what I'll do with the current ceiling height side speakers.  They might be repurposed for front front-high-wide speakers and modified with my Infinity Walsh Tweeters and new woofers.

No comments:

Post a Comment