Sunday, September 17, 2017

Help, Part 6

Around 1970 Saul Marantz was interviewed, and I remember hearing it on a Los Angeles radio station.

Marantz said he went a different way than others of his generation, and that was what led him to perfectionist audio equipment.  By following his own path, he discovered new things, created a successful company, and opened up a new arena for others.

(I recall the introduction said Marantz "invented" high fidelity--it appears to have been invented many times, and still nobody knows what it is.)

Anyway, for what it's worth, that idea of following your own path seemed right to me then and ever since.

Just because "all audiophiles" are supposed to do this or that, I not only feel fine doing something differently, I feel it is good.  Everyone doing the same things would mean little new discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment