Tuesday, January 16, 2024

makePlaylist (mplay) version 0.79 released

I've talked about it, posted a video of it, and now it's available for download.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/makeplaylist

This allows you to automatically generate random playlists.  Now you can preface or mix in newer files in various ways, combine folders with weighting factors, and mix in favorites.  It makes for very infinite and very interesting scripting possibilities, with examples given.  One program included figures out how much of the last playlist you actually played and allows you to reset the history for those files that weren't actually played. 

Works immediately on older Macs* or Linux, on other systems Tcl must be installed first as all the programs are written in Tcl.  The example scripts are written in (linux/mac) bash.

(*Since I use an old Mac running 10.13.6 myself, I'm not sure about the status of Tcl in newer Mac releases.  I think it may not have been included by default with M1 macs, but not sure.  It's still available for nearly everything because Tcl is a very lightweight programming language, lightweight but powerful.  But you may need to download and install it first, and I have no recent experience with that myself because it was always included on Macs I have used.)

UPDATE: since I first made this post a few days ago, mplay has already been updated to version 0.79 which fixes a lot of things that had been bugging me



1 comment:

  1. Do you have the service manual for the Pioneer F-26 ?
    no more seller for the manual

    ReplyDelete